Our Vision, Values, & Basis of Faith
The strategy for realising the vision will include:
- Caring, supporting and challenging each other to discover and use our gifts to fulfill God’s purpose for our lives.
- Helping each other find freedom from the past through the truth of God’s Word and personal prayer.
- Challenging each other to a disciplined life of studying God’s Word and obeying Him daily.
- Sharing the good news of Jesus with people around us.
- Showing God’s heart of compassion by caring for people in our communities.
- Providing people, prayer support, money and materials for God’s work overseas.
Personal and corporate prayer and Bible study
Care and encouragement of each other
Involvement of people in the life of the church
Children valued as an integral part of the church
Use of spiritual gifts
Baptism of believers
Generosity – both personal and corporate
Justice and mercy
- Team ministry
Overseeing role of elders
Open to men and women
- Belonging to a network of churches
- Working together with local churches
- Involvement with overseas churches
- Integrity and righteousness
- Servant heartedness
Our Basis of Faith
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
- The trustees are responsible for monitoring and approving finance
- They must be members of the Fellowship and are appointed by the elders
- They serve for a 3 year term
- The elders oversee the life and work of the Fellowship
- They are responsible for Doctrine, Direction, Discipling and Discipline
- Each member of the Core Team is responsible for leading an area of church life
- The Core Team carry out the day to day leading and managing of the Fellowship
- They are responsible for plans, personnel and finance
- They are accountable to the elders and trustees
The Leadership of the Wey Christian Fellowship recognises the importance of its ministry / work with children and young people and adults in need of protection and its responsibility to protect everyone entrusted to our care. To read our statement of commitment to safeguarding, click the following link: Leadership safeguarding statement – web2200083273
Our Overseas Links
- Aug 21, 2016Running our race – David Tucker
- Aug 7, 2016Arise, shine – Yaabari Uebari
- Jul 17, 2016First Love – Annemarie Perry
- Jul 10, 2016Managing my Attitude – David Tucker
- Jul 3, 2016Responding to the EU Referendum Vote – Yaabari Uebari
- Jun 12, 2016Spirit-empowered Hospitality – Hazel Thompson
- Jun 5, 2016Spirit-empowered Daily Living – Alex Afriyie
- May 22, 2016The Lord’s Prayer – Chris Maynard
- May 8, 2016Serving in the Power of the Holy Spirit – Renton Perry
- Apr 17, 2016Worshipping in the Power of the Holy Spirit – Yaabari Uebari
- Apr 10, 2016Encouraging in the Power of the Holy Spirit – David Tucker
- Mar 20, 2016Agreement in Prayer – David Tucker
- Mar 13, 2016Prayer and Faith – Richard Roper
- Mar 6, 2016Prayer and Intimacy – Yaabari Uebari
- Feb 14, 2016Prayer and Obedience – Heather Tucker
Here’s Where You’ll Find Us
Send a Message