Experiencing God's goodness and passing it on
We are a church based in Weybridge, Surrey. We hold a regular Sunday meeting that starts at 10:00 with a time of worship. The entire service finishes around 11:30. During the week we encourage people to meet in small groups in homes. Read more about our meetings here.
Our Vision, Values, & Basis of Faith
“Experiencing God’s goodness and passing it on”
The strategy for realising the vision will include:
- Caring, supporting and challenging each other to discover and use our gifts to fulfill God’s purpose for our lives.
- Helping each other find freedom from the past through the truth of God’s Word and personal prayer.
- Challenging each other to a disciplined life of studying God’s Word and obeying Him daily.
- Sharing the good news of Jesus with people around us.
- Showing God’s heart of compassion by caring for people in our communities.
- Providing people, prayer support, money and materials for God’s work overseas.
“And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
Colossians 3:14 (NIV)
Personal and corporate prayer and Bible study
Care and encouragement of each other
Involvement of people in the life of the church
Children valued as an integral part of the church
Use of spiritual gifts
Baptism of believers
Generosity – both personal and corporate
Justice and mercy
- Team ministry
Overseeing role of elders
Open to men and women
- Belonging to a network of churches
- Working together with local churches
- Involvement with overseas churches
- Integrity and righteousness
- Servant heartedness
Our Basis of Faith
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
- The trustees are responsible for monitoring and approving finance
- They must be members of the Fellowship and are appointed by the elders
- They serve for a 3 year term
- The elders oversee the life and work of the Fellowship
- They are responsible for Doctrine, Direction, Discipling and Discipline
- Each member of the Core Team is responsible for leading an area of church life
- The Core Team carry out the day to day leading and managing of the Fellowship
- They are responsible for plans, personnel and finance
- They are accountable to the elders and trustees
Our Children stay in the main meeting for the time of worship and then go to their own groups except on the last Sunday of the month when everyone stays in the main meeting.
For 3-7 year olds (when required)
For 8-11 year olds
For 11-15 year olds
For 15-18 year olds
Fortnightly midweek meeting for children at secondary school.
Our Overseas Links
A current and a previous member are part of Mission Africa and they have a Mission Africa office in Kampala, Uganda. Regular trips are made to Uganda, Rwanda and neighbouring countries. Some trips are for training in evangelism and follow up and some are to carry out teaching conferences to encourage and build up church leaders.
From 2006, our three elders carried out a three-year Million Leaders Mandate training for 51 pastors and church leaders drawn from Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania and the Congo. You can view photos of the Uganda training here.
Further Million Leaders Mandate Training has taken place in Nigeria, Kenya and Rwanda (and also in Qatar).
We have two links into India.
We have a relationship with Covenant Blessings Church in Mumbai. We support their work in both prayer and finance. We have had a number of people from there visit our church and people from here have been out to Mumbai.
We also have a link with OMCRS in North East India. Again we support the work with both prayer and finance. Former leaders Chris and Judy Maynard are the International Representatives and have visited the work in Manipur as have John & Wiebeke Newton. Chris & Judy organise a child sponsorship scheme for the growing number of children looked after by the OMCRS team and are raising money to build a permanent children’s home.
Members of the Fellowship have been on mission trips to the following countries:
Albania, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Kenya, Kosovo, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Northern Ireland, Qatar, Romania, Rwanda, Spain, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, USA and Zimbabwe
Some members have ongoing links with people and churches in these countries.
In September 2008 our three elders, David, Chris and Yaabari travelled to Uganda for the final part of three years Million Leaders Mandate Training. You can view the training video below and some photos from the training here.
- Apr 1, 2015Moving On – Yaabari Uebari
- Nov 30, 2014The Power of the Tongue – Kay Pearson
- Nov 23, 2014Building God’s Kingdom – Richard Roper
- Nov 16, 2014Pour out your Hearts to God – Yaabari Uebari
- Oct 26, 2014Bring out the Best in Others – Yaabari Uebari
- Oct 19, 2014A Vision for the Church – Alex Afriyie
- Sep 11, 2014What Next? – David Tucker
- Jul 12, 2014Disappointed David – Renton Perry
- Nov 1, 2013Trust in the Lord – David Tucker
- Oct 1, 2013Colossians 4:7 – 18 John Newton
Here’s Where You’ll Find Us
Send a Message
St James C. of E. Primary School,